Excursions (Off-site) / Incursions (On-site) & Extra-Curricular activities
Throughout the year, teachers plan excursions, incursions and extra-curricular activities to support and extend the learning in the classroom. For legal reasons, written parent permission is required so your child can attend excursions and extra-curricular activities.
Outdoor Education is a highly valued and very important aspect of the curriculum and your child’s development. It is an expectation that all children attend camp. Our camp structure is as follows:
Year 4 – Oasis Camp, Mt. Evelyn
Year 5 – Phillip Island Adventure Park
Year 6 – Canberra
As part of a comprehensive and balanced curriculum within our school, Home Learning is seen as one way of supporting and fostering life-long learning and connecting families with the learning of their children. Therefore, Home Learning should be:
- appropriate to the student’s skill level and age;
- purposeful, meaningful and relevant to the curriculum;
- interesting, challenging and when appropriate open ended;
- reviewed by teachers with feedback and support provided; and
- balanced with a range of recreational, family and cultural activities.